Anchor Down‘s first yearlings will be offered at the upcoming yearling sales including ten catalogued at the Fasig-Tipton July Sale on July 9th.
A brilliantly fast, front-running miler by Tapit, Anchor Down ran a near track-record 1:32.90 and posted a 108 Beyer Speed Figure when defeating Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (G1) winner Tamarkuz in the Kelso Handicap (G2). The half-brother to Grade 1 winner Sweet Lulu and full brother to Grade 1 performer Iron Fist bears a striking physical resemblance to his three-time champion sire.
- #31 o/o Sergeant O’Rourke, C, Four Star Sales, Agt
- #42 o/o Simmadownnow, F, Bluewater Sales, Agt
- #85 o/o Treetop Shock, F, Clifton Farm
- #127 o/o Annies Law, F, Hunter Valley Farm, Agt
- #147 o/o Black Coronas, C, Baccari Bloodstock, Agt
- #208 o/o Famous Lady, C, Terrazas Thoroughbreds, Agt
- #224 o/o Glad Your Back, F, Gainesway, Agt
- #232 o/o Gypsy Angel, C, Gainesway, Agt
- #298 o/o Macha Glorita, F, Fairytail Farms, Agt
- #346 o/o Oh Wise One, C, Select Sales, Agt for Michael Martin
“Anchor Down was a terrific racehorse that was on the Derby trail…and he ran one of the fastest miles ever at Belmont Park. I like the pedigree line…he’s a horse that commands attention. He was good at everything he ever did. I think he’s a loaded gun.”
– Steve Young
Purchased Anchor Down as a yearling for $250k at the 2012 Sept Keeneland Sales; he bought the highest priced Anchor Down weanling at KEE Nov 2018 for $125k (Out of Lady Fifty Two)